Since Halloween is just a few days away, I decided it was time to stop stalling and bake my yearly Halloween cupcakes for the Cardoza clan. Some of you may not know the Cardoza's but they have the funniest kids alive. I was their babysitter/nanny since I was 17 and I've pretty much grown up with these kids. Blake is now 14 and a freshman (yes, I said freshman, scary) at Monte Vista. The twins Nolan and Garrett are now way too cool to say hi to me in public because they are 6th graders at the new middle school. Lovely Raegan is 10 and a 4th grader and baby Cole is in 1st grade (I can't believe he's in 1st grade, I remember when he was born). Anyways, I decided I wanted to make cute Halloween cupcakes unlike last year when I used gooey bloodshot eyeballs, bats, spiders, and rats as cupcake toppers. Hopefully the kids will enjoy eating cupcakes that aren't absolutely disgusting to look at. I of course used Funfetti cake mix, it's the best and if you don't agree then you're truly deceiving yourself. So here they are...The Halloween Cupcakes!

Above & Below: These 2 cupcakes were my favorite out of the bunch.


Here are the rest of the cupcakes. Even though I used 2 boxes of Funfetti I only made about 30 or so cupcakes. Does anyone actually make the same amount of cupcakes the instructions say you're suppose to make?

I also made "goody bags" for the Cardoza kids. It was filled with candy corn and candy pumpkins, a candy snake, a ghost peep, and 2 mini unfrosted cupcakes.


Above are the cupcakes I made for the Cardoza family. They are a little different from the others so I could tell them apart.
I hope this post was somewhat enjoyable, it was my very first with pics. It took way too much time and created much frustration but all in all it was worth it!
HaPpY HaLLoWeEn!
2 comments:
Debbie, I forgot to tell you a rule about blogging. If you scan pictures from a cooking magazine, make it look less obvious. Just kidding. I just said that because your cupcakes look AMAZING. I don't remember receiving any annual cupcakes. And is that chocolate frosting I see? Those Cardoza kids are dang lucky!
Hi Debbie Lee!!! I don't even know the last time I saw you . . . I'm sure it's been at least a year. I'm so glad you have a blog, so I can see what's going on your life. Your cupcakes look so pretty and delicious.
P.S. Don't forget to update your blog now that I'm going to be checking on it often.
Post a Comment