Washington DC Zoo - This little guy put on a show. Not only did he amaze the crowd by climbing on the wires above our heads, but he also stopped halfway and peed on us. Awesome.
Washington Monument - I'm sure you're thinking "wow it sure was cloudy" Well this picture was taken about 4 minutes before the downpour begin. We saw the clouds rolling in, but did that stop us? Of course not, we're tourists! It took about 30 seconds before we were completely drenched. Heads hung low, we hailed a cab and awkwardly squished into the back seat as we were driven back to our room to shower and change. I will say it was the most memorable part of the trip.
Church of Scientology - I was secretly hoping that I could catch something on film that I couldn't see with the human eye. No luck.
This jogger was amazing. Not only was he about 85, but he was jogging...in booty shorts that were cut so high it practically showed his hips!
DC Temple - Finding the DC temple was actually a neat little story. The first full day we were in DC, we were just driving around in our rental when we found ourselves completely lost with no help from the navigation in the car. We found ourselves in this random neighborhood, when low and behold we see the angel Moroni. After a few more turns and following the glimmering Moroni we made it to the visitor center parking lot. I was the only one that really wanted to go to the DC temple, and I'm glad we were guided there!
Jefferson Monument - I love the Jefferson Monument the most. Even though it was completely away from the other monuments, I found it to be the most peaceful and it provided a great view of the national mall. This was taken across the pond as we walked to the monument. (Their gift shop was the pretty reasonable too, I bought a few books for my class there.)
Reflection pool and the Washington Monument in the background. I'm probably the only person that thought the reflection pool was right in front of the Washington Monument, but I was completely wrong. It's about a 10 minute walk away, the picture is deceiving.I have million more pictures, but this should be enough. It was a great week and if anyone wants to go, let me know, I want to go back!!




No comments:
Post a Comment