Saturday, December 15, 2007

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."


I'm really happy it is December! I don't have fun posts of holiday parties like most people this time of year, so I don't have great pics the post. So far December has flown by. I finished all my Christmas shopping early this year since I don't have anything better to do. Unemployment is great, I get so much stuff done during the day and more! Since the shopping has been done, I've been doing trying to decorate the house for our family Christmas party this year. Last night I get made snowflakes and painted them with gold paint. While decorating the living room my mom and I gasped as we saw my dad's Christmas presents were sitting at the front door. We were immediately frantic, not knowing where to hide his gift (they were a set of leather cigar chairs). We took advantage of the basketball game that was on and moved swiftly to take one of the chairs out of the box and moved it into the van. Luckily, my dad didn't even notice boxes tearing and the front door opening and closing, deafness is a blessing...in this case. With one chair in the van, we decided to just give him he second chair early. He loved the chair, but I can't wait until we can give him the one that is still in hiding.


These are the chairs the family got my dad for Christmas

On another note, I only have a few more weeks left until I start school again. I'm dreading this whole school thing. When I graduated over a year and half ago I truly believed that it would be the last time I would sit through lectures. Luckily it only takes a year for a teaching credential. Although I'm not loking forward to going back to school, I am, however extremely excited to start a career in teaching. The first school that I will be volunteering/observing at will be my own elementary school, Golden View in San Ramon. It will be totally weird to go back to my old elementary school and see all the changes, I just hope Norman, the janitor isn't working there anymore.

Good ol' Golden View...it still looks the same

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yay! I love that charlie brown special. and i love those chairs you guys got your dad! I can't wait to hang out with you when i get home, have a merry christmas!!

Liz said...

Good luck with the teaching credential. I'm thinking I'm going to get mine too. I'm going to start with substitute teaching first though . . . to see if it's really worth it.