I watch Legends of the Hidden Temple occassionally, okay maybe all the time. I don't know why I continue to watch the show when I know in the end it frustrates me so much. Some of the kids that play this game have no idea what they are doing, especially when they make it to the temple at the end of the game.
It's not often that you see kids make it through the temple with the artifact in hand like the lucky boy above. Here are the things that drive me crazy when players are in the temple:
1. They are taking their time going through each room (do they know the only have 3 mins!?!)
2. Not knowing how to open the doors or which door opened
3. Not knowing what to do once in the room (ex. when a player is in the shrine of the silver monkey they must gather the 3 peices of the monkey and build it on the stone podium activating the door to open)
4. When they don't even know they are suppose to push the huge button by the door to open it, leading into the next room
5. Backtracking
6. Not being able to climb up/out when they fall
7. So clueless that the host has to yell out instructions 10 times
1. why does Kirk wear that leather fanny pack/sack during the game?
2. why would the losers want a large supply of yoohoo?
3. why do they change olmec's voice when he tells the stories? (it's not even necessary)
4. why do all the male spotters have mulletts?
5. Are the players told to pull their sweatpants up to their chest?
6. Where do the players go when they are captured by a temple guard?
7. Are winners really happy to win a trip to a summer space camp?
8. Why are 15 year olds on the show?
9. Why do teammates always miss high-fives when the camera is on them?
Today's show was particularly annoying. The girl that made it to the temple was in her own world. She wasn't following the rules in the temple games and the host kept yelling on the side lines to climb on her knees, yet she kept trying to climb with her feet on the mat. Right before the team entered the temple the host asked her which way she planned to go, so she replied "I'm going to go down". The host shows her the direction in which she would be entering since she wanted to go down, she doesn't look that direction rather she looks to the right. The host shows her the firection again and she still doesn't look or even position her body toward the "down" entrance. He finally pointed and told her the direction again, she still didn't look that way or anything!This was my mom's response to what was going on...
Mom: What's wrong with her?
Me: I don't know
Mom: Is she retarded?
Me: I don't know
Mom: Where do they find these kids?
Me: I don't know
Mom: Does she know how to play?
This conversation just about sums up almost every episode, yet I still enjoy watching it...


2 comments:
Debbie, this is one of the funniest posts I have read. I was seriously laughing out loud, and I was getting stressed all over again. Brittany and I used to watch this show ALL THE TIME on Nick GAS, and I'm assuming that's how you're watching it too. Isn't it so awesome?! I knew what time it was on everyday, and I never ceased to be amazed at how slow those kids were, or how awkward, or how the host probably really hated his job. Why don't they run faster? Is that blue mat during the temple games REALLY that slippery? And Kirk has that little fanny pack to hold the tokens of life, obviously. I want to go on the adult version of this.
Debbie, I love it...this is the first time I have come across your blog and it's about the legends of the hidden temple haha. Emily and I seriously watched this all the time and would YELL at the tv and each other because the kids were so stupid. I love this show and I love you for posting about it. Thank you:)
Post a Comment