Sunday, April 18, 2010

{d.c.}

This past year I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Washington D.C. three times. Each time I was there, I fell in love with the city even more. The first visit to DC was purely as a tourist. The second time I flew out there with my brother to check out some elementary schools. Luckily, my brother's best friend, Josh has family in Maryland so we all got to hang out. Since Josh's parents moved out to Maryland after graduation, his mom has since started teaching. The whole point of the second trip out to D.C. was to shadow Josh's mom at her elementary school. I immediately loved the kids in her class and the school. The third trip out to D.C. was only a few weeks after the second trip. I had to go to D.C. again because I found out there was a job fair for all elementary schools in Prince George's County Public Schools, which is right outside D.C. in Maryland. The job fair was a bust, but I still had a great time with my friend Amy, who flew out there with me.
Here are a few pictures just to show why I love this place.


The weather could not have been any better, and the fall foliage was gorgeous!

This was our rental car (for the third trip). It was the scariest car I have ever driven. The day before I left D.C. I actually had to bring it back to the airport and exchange it for another car because the check engine light came on.

The view from the Newseum (I would recommend this museum, even though it's not free to get in like Smithsonian museums). The Newseum has a great section on 9/11, it's a total tear-jerker but it was interesting to read and hear personal accounts. This place also has part of the Berlin wall on display. You can also pretend to be a newscaster on the first level.



Beautiful.

I can't wait to go back. There's so much more to explore and learn in this city. I still hope that one day I will have the oppurtunity to live and work there. Until then, I will just keep dreaming...

No comments: