Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lake Tahoe

It's true! After many years of wanting a snowboard of my own, I forked out the cash and bought my own board, bindings, and boots! I finally have a winter sport! It will also give me something fun to do during the mildly cold months out here. It all started when my friend Lindsay invited me to go boarding with a few of her friends. I couldn't turn down the oppurtunity to improve my barely there skills of riding down a mountain of a board. The whole process of finding a board was extremely tiring. By the end of it all, I went to just about every store in the area looking for everything I needed to look like I knew what I was doing. We took a day and drove up to Northstar at 5am and returned home around 7pm. It was a long day of falling, but it was so much fun!
The board and bindings.
I was nervous there would be no snow while we drove into the resort since the ground was completely clear of snow. This is what it looked like when we hopped on the gondola to get to the mountain.

We made it to the top and we could finally see snow!

During my break I watched as crazy people were going down the half pipe. There is no way I will ever want to go down that thing.

Lindsay and I riding the gondola down to the parking lot. I was so tired and sore from falling I decided not to ride down.
A few weeks later, my family went back up to South Lake Tahoe where Lindsay, my brother, and I had another fun-filled weekend of snowboarding. I can finally ride toe side! I never thought I would ever be able to and I would be stuck going down like a "fallen leaf" for the rest of my life. However, during the second trip I bruised my knees pretty bad, but it was totally worth it!

No comments: