Friday, May 30, 2008

Let's Go Oakland...Let's Go!

I LOVE the A's and I LOVE going to baseball games so it wasn't a hard decision to go with my 3rd grade class. It's that time of year again for the field trip to the Home Run Readers A's game. The A's organization invited schools around the Bay Area to attend a day game at the coliseum to promote and encourage reading. The game was extremely slow, the A's lost to the Blue Jays 12-0. However, the students could care less about the game, the day was all about who could eat the most food without getting sick. I'm pretty sure the whole class won since everyone ate a ton and no one got sick during the ride home. The following list is of all the foods scarfed down during a 4 hour period. (Please note: The students ate any combination of the at least 4 of the foods listed, not including their lunch.)
-Bags of candy (Starburst, Skittles etc.)
-Peanuts
-Cotton candy (the tub of cotton candy or the original hand-spun cotton candy)
-Snowcones
-Ice cream sandwiches
-Ice cream bars
-Dibs
-Malts
-Churros
-Red Ropes
-Pizza
-Hot dog
-Popcorn
I felt sick watching these kids shove candy down their throats while flagging down the next sugary treat. It was disgusting, but it was all worth it to see the students smile, especially the ones who have never been to a major league baseball game.

This is the collage I made for the students.
Chavez
The view from the seat, good view but we were sitting pretty far away. I'm not sure why they made all the kids sit on the second deck, when the field level seats were completely empty. Seriously, if you're going to do something for the kids, go all out and give them the good seats!
Crosby <3
Students...
Students...
Students...
Students...
Students...
and more students.
FUN DAY!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

You have been blogging up a storm and I love it! It sounds like things are going pretty good, is a trip to UT in your near future?

Emily said...

Well look who decided to blog?! I'm so excited! Is school out for you yet? I think you need some vacation time in Utah. Seven Peaks anyone? haha