Friday, September 25, 2009

CAofS

I went to the new and improved California Academy of Science at Golden Gate Park. Apparently it's totally awesome but it is completely over-priced ($25). My friend and I finally arrived an hour after the doors opened because we got lost. With that said, we parked and waiting in a line to get into the building for about 45 minutes. Great start. We really wanted to check out the Planetarium but since we were so late we were not able to get tickets for any showings that day. We walked around and decided to go into the rainforest. Another 40 minute line. As a teacher, I enjoy students when in a school environment, but when I'm somewhere other than a school campus I can't stand kids and there were kids EVERYWHERE. It drove me crazy that parents who volunteered to chaparone a field trip couldn't control their group. Other than that, the rain forest was pretty neat and the aquarium was nice.
The roof.


This is the rainforest. It was alot more humid than I expected but I should have known, it's suppose to be a rain forest. (Ladies, just a warning, the climate in there will frizz out your hair.)

I found this cute little guy in the rain forest.

The albino alligator..or crocodile? I didn't care?

No comments: