Saturday, January 19, 2008

Half Moon Bay/Pescadero Family Trip

After Christmas, my parents wanted to go on a little family day trip. Since my dad really wanted to eat at this place in Pescadero called Duarte's Tavern he saw on the Travel Channel, we decided to make a family trip out of it mainly because my dad needed drivers (he gets sleepy after an hour of driving). It was a weird driving to Pescadero because it is in the middle of nowhere. The town was tiny and I thought we were in the wrong place. Once we turned the corner, a little street was packed with cars from all over the bay area, there were even travelers from SoCal. The restaurant has won awards for its seafood, so obviously I had a cheeseburger.
This is the world famous Duarte's Tavern
On the way to Pescadero we stopped in Halfmoon Bay for awhile and walked around the cute little town. I always loved Halfmoon Bay, it has the cutest stores and this really cool antique shop that sells everything random you can think of. Unfortunately is was either raining or on the verge of raining the entire day so it was a pain walking around.
As we walked around town, we came across the CUTEST house. I absolutely love it!
After lunch we stopped by the Ritz Carlton to get access to the beach. It was beautiful and nice to see water. It's a shame we never go to the beach even though we live fairly close.
My dad and brother heading towards water
I thought this was so funny, there was an asian family there riding bikes, and their daughter was riding a unicycle. I was nervous everytime she passed because the sidewalk was wet and the hill just dropped off to the beach.
The Lovely Parents
Someone built a cool house on the beach.
I almost stepped on this sea kelp (I think?) and it made me want throw up because it was huge and gross.
My brother and I on the beach. We were trying to wait as long as possible before the wave came.
Dad and brother leaving the beach.
Although it was cold and rainy, Half Moon Bay was really fun and it was nice to get away from Danville for a day. The next trip to the beach will definately be on a warm day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Debbie :-)

Next time you're looking for a get-away in the Pescadero area. Check out 71miles.com and see what John recommends.

R