Many of you are probably wondering who Ziggy is. This post will explain everything. During the last few months of living in Utah, my roommate Andrea and I began visiting the Spanish Fork animal shelter because we were bored and loved animals, dogs in particular. The first few times we visited the shelter we ooohed and awwwed at dogs we saw, but none really jumped out to me even though I wanted to adopt them all. About 2 weeks before graduation Andrea and I made another trip down to Spanish Fork. This time there was a new litter of puppies there. There were 3 crazy puppies placed in one of the cages near the front of the shelter, we kept walking and found ourselves at the very back corner of the shelter. We saw another set of 3 puppies that looked like the 3 in the front (they were all sigblings). We quietly opened the cage and the 3 were excited but scared of us at the same time. Every time we bent down to pick one up they would all try to run away to the back of the dog run. There were 2 little girls and a shy and quiet little boy. I picked up the boy and immediately fell in love. That day we left with no puppy but I couldn't stop thinking about the baby boy. I went home and called my dad to see what he thought of me adopting a puppy. He wasn't for it, but he also said that it was my choice. Of course I took that as a "yes, adopt the puppy". After little consideration and thinking purely with my heart, Andrea and I drove back to Spanish Forkwhere I adopted the baby boy with all my food money for the month. I brought him back to my apartment with dog food and toys ready for him and the rest is history.
How did he get his name? I named him Ziggy because he would zig zag back and forth between my legs when I first adopted him.
What breed is he? I was told her was lab and cocker spaniel, but I think they are wrong about the spaniel part. I believe he has some border collie in him, and many people have said he has border collie markings, but mutts are commonly a mix of more than 2 breeds.
Below are pictures of Ziggy from the past 2 years.
This is Ziggy in my apartment at around 8 weeks old. His nose is crusty because he had a very bad case of kennel cough where he coughed so bad that he would throw up. He also had a bad runny nose and sometimes in the middle of the night I would wake up to pick his nose so he could breath better. He was so sick as a puppy which made him easy to take care of.
This is the first month Ziggy moved back to Danville with me, he's about 3-4 months here. He obviously knew the bed was the comfy place.
Ziggy at 6 months. I made him wear this scary skull bandana because I wanted him to appear meaner because he is scared of everything and everyone. The skulls obviously didn't work.
Ziggy at 18 months. The only thing that grew was his nose.
Christmas 2007. This was the only picture he would let me take before squirming out of his Christmas attire, I don't blame him.
Ziggy at rest.
One of Ziggy's best friends is Rocky. Their game of choice is either wrestling or tug of war, where Ziggy always wins and Rocky ends up crying.
Mouth wrestling
Ziggy loves holding his new toys in his mouth all at the same time.
1 comment:
Ah Ziggy. He jumps like a deer. Is he still afraid of me? I guess we'll see in a few weeks. Thanks SOOOO MUCH for helping my mom with all those invites and stuff. Seriously, you have no idea how much that means to me. For a few reasons: 1. I don't really trust my mom's taste but I trust yours. 2. You can check her spelling. 3. You are just such a good friend.
Also, my mom tells me all the funny things you guys talk about and it makes me wish I was there with all the Silviaisms and Angelaisms flying around. I can only imagine.
Post a Comment