Thursday, January 17, 2008

School Days

So I've started school and it's horrible. I don't think I was prepared to go back to school and it's been so overwhemling! I seriously have 2-3 hours of homework (mostly reading and then a response paper) after each class. It's especially hard having 4 classes during Jan term because I only have a month to complete EVERYTHING that the class requires. It seems like projects are due on the same day. I haven't even started my projects yet, but I only have about 2 weeks to complete them all, I just hope I make it to the end of the term. I don't even want to think about what my schedule will be like once I begin my classroom placement starting Spring semester when I will be going to school full time during the evening AND in a classroom 2 1/2 days a week.
Although I've been stressed and overworked, it has been fun meeting new people who all are passionate about education. I am assured everyday that this hard work is really worth the lost sleep and bloodshot eyes as I hear fellow students and teachers speak so highly of the students they have taught in the past. I am looking forward to actually working in a classroom, but I'm not looking forward to dealing with crazy, controlling, and overprotective parents that are unnesessarily proactive in their child's education.


I will update at a later date when I have more time. I've taken a ton a pictures since I last blogged, but I must get some sleep so I can wake up early to finish up some more homework before class tomorrow!

No comments: