Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Reno Trip

For my 24th birthday, my wonderful brother bought tickets to the Aaron Lewis solo acoustic show at the Silver Legacy in Reno. The weekend was absolutely perfect, from the weather to the show. We headed up to Reno on Friday morning and we were so lucky that the weather was overcast but not rainy which made it a smooth drive. When we arrived we immediately hit the Circus Circus midway and the casino of course. The midway was my favorite, I hate carnival games, but the midway has always been different. I even competed with and beat people in games and won Ziggy some stuffed animals. If I had one word to describe the concert, the word would be AMAZING! It has been the best concert I've been to yet. Aaron Lewis was funny, emotional (he sang some unreleased songs about his wife and kids and missing home, which were really sad), and plain crazy. I say it was crazy because a few people got in a verbal altercation, apparently a girl was singing along too loud and a guy sitting near her got annoyed and told her to shut up. They eventually stood up and was yelling at eachother right before Aaron started another song. Aaron stopped playing and just stared at them, finally he said "shut the f up, in the most respectable way possible". I thought that was great because I think everyone was thinking the same thing. One thing that got annoying was that some "fans" kept yelling out song requests that weren't even his songs! They wanted him to sing Metallica and a bunch of other bands. I wasn't there to hear Metallica songs, just Staind songs.
I was sad when I saw this because all the trees are gone :(
My brother and I at the casino.
Jon and Kristin playing Jackpot Party. I played Village People Party (it did indeed play Village People music), it was so much fun!!! Seriously, I don't see this as gambling because they are like video games now, it plays music! Therefore, I was playing a videogame. Yes, I will continue to tell myself that.
If this wasn't a sign to stop, I don't know what is.
So we continued on in the casino the next day.
This is the only proof that I was at the Aaron Lewis concert. Pictures came out horrible as you can see. I don't know how to use my camera, but I think it was too dark to take pictures in the first place.
Still too dark so it came out all blurry. I swear that's Aaron Lewis playing his acoustic guitar!
Home.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like your camera has the same problem as mine with all those blurry night pictures. I still don't know how to fix that.